A San Francisco man who joined an eating contest involving super-hot “ghost peppers” ended up with a hole in his esophagus, doctors report.

The 47-year-old showed up at a hospital emergency room after eating ghost peppers, or “bhut jolokia” — one of the hottest peppers known and “more than twice the strength of a habanero pepper,” according to a team led by Dr. Ann Arens.

She’s with the department of emergency medicine at the University of California, San Francisco……See More

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s